Gas Phase Filtration Media
Gas phase filtration media is the substance installed inside filters to purify the air with substances like activated carbon and sodium permanganates. The media is found in the form of small porous pellets that are filled inside the filters before running the equipment. These pellets are made of binders and activated alumina or other elements. The sodium permanganates are widely used as media as it boosts the adsorption rate for a longer duration. The filtration media generally targets contaminants such as sulfur oxides, hydrocarbons, formaldehyde, organic acids, hydrogen sulfide, nitric oxide, and VOC's.
Benefits of Gas Phase Filtration Media
- The media is nontoxic and does not have any harmful effects on the health.
- The strong chemical in the filtration media does not promote the growth of germs and other microbial organisms inside the filters that can otherwise get spread in their air and have hazardous effects on the health when the equipment is working.
- Under no circumstances will the media release the harmful contents that are stored inside the filters safely.
- Tested and approved for safe installation and disposal after using.
- Gas phase filtration media not only purify the air from the impurities, but also serve as an agent to remove bad odors such as in the transportation and storage of fresh fruit, vegetables, and flowers.
Periodic replacement of the filtration media ensures optimal performance of the Gas Phase Filtration equipment. The filters generally have an indicator to show when the media requires replacement. The used media is often not recyclable and may need to be disposed of by a professional service. Personal protection equipment such as gloves, goggles and a mask are recommended when disposing the used media as it may have adsorbed toxic chemicals.
The versatility of the media substances offers many options to customize to the environment it will be used in and its suitability to humidity and chemical concentration in the air. DS-400 4-6% Potassium Permanganate Saturated Activated Alumina has a moisture content of 10-15% by weight. The Activated Alumina component can adsorb gases and liquids without changing its form. Impregnated Activated Alumina with Potassium Permanganate allows the media to chemically adsorb and oxidize gases. Gases are trapped in the alumina as solids and are not able to re-enter the air.
DS-600 is extremely efficient when used properly in air dryers, scrubber tanks, compressor tanks, exhaust systems, computer rooms, general HVAC applications, and fresh fruit, vegetable and flower storage and transportation. DS-600 6% Potassium Permanganate Saturated Molecular Sieve is comprised of a crystalline composition and can create a virtually water-free product. DS-600AC 6% Potassium Permanganate Saturated Molecular Sieve / Activated Carbon was created to oxidize gaseous impurities. The activated carbon component of this media diffuses quickly in adsorption of gases and vapors and used for deodorizing of air.
SDS and Specification Sheets