Determining Types and Quantities of Required Desiccant
1. What type of container or bag is being used for packaging?
2. What is the volume or area of the container (Formula: L x W x D = Cubic Feet, Cubic ft. x 7.47 = Gallons)
3. Determine the amount of desiccant required using the “Desiccant Requirement Chart”.
4. Which Desiccant will best if the application defined above based on the following?
• How much moisture needs to be adsorbed?
• What is the permeability of packaging?
• What will be the temperature and humidity of the shipping and storage conditions?
• What is the absorption rate required?
• What is the required shelf like of the prodyct?
• What is the cost of the desiccant?
Typically, most customers will use more desiccant than is recommended as additional safety of the packaged product. If you need some assistance finding the best solution, please contact our knowledgeable staff at 630-980-5205 or email us.