By Delta Adsorbents on 6/3/2017
DelSorb sets the standard for water treatment through this DS-200 series Organoclay products that are Zeolite based. Zeolite is a volcanic material with specific characteristics that make it perfect for water filtration. The structure of Zeolite has extensive surface area and the shape is almost like a honeycomb, with open areas within a strong framework. These open frames keep the structure itself intact and prevents it from changing size or shape under different conditions. Furthermore, zeolite molecules naturally absorb harmful contaminants while allowing beneficial materials such as sodium, calcium, potassium and magnesium (which are also known electrolytes). This is a perfect fit for water treatment media that seeks to filter out the bad substances and leave the good ones.
Benefits of DS-200
- Longer lasting than other forms of media, including granular activated carbon, because it can absorb many times its weight in hydrocarbons.
- Reduced costs and increased efficiency due to longer carbon and resin life.
- Increases efficiency because it can be custom blended for specific uses, or simply used at full strength.
- The structure does not swell under any conditions, even water exposure, which is a huge benefit.
Because of the previously described molecular structure of Organoclay, this filtration media can absorb about 70% of its weight in hydrocarbons. DelSorb’s system has proven to be revolutionary by independent testing agencies. These tests have proven the removal of contaminants to non-detectable levels. The filtered water exceeds governmental requirements or other regulations concerning safe water.
The DS-200 Series has been tried and true under the harshest of circumstances and industries including:
- Carbon Black Plants
- Food Processing Plants
- Paper and Pulp producing Mills
- Firefighting training and academies
- Commercial Launderers
- Manufacturers of Plastics
- Pesticide Producers
- Storage tank Cleaning
- Other Industrial runoff
This is truly the most economical and environmentally friendly product available. Find out if Organoclay can help with your water filtration needs.